Winter Overnight in LONDON

Thursday 28 December 2017


I finally get to visit Hyde Park's annual winter festival - Winter Wonderland.
I have been wanting to go to Winter Wonderland for 3 years in a row now but I never had the opportunity as well as my mother's broken promises. This year, my boyfriend (shoutout to Macky) asked me to go so I did not miss this chance and I had the most wonderful time. 


We stayed in London overnight because why not?


And the first thing we got is - obviously churros! Christmas markets = churros for me!

We also keep seeing Squirtles and Pikachus around. It made me think if they have a Charmander because Macky calls me Charizard so I wanted it.


On the way, we saw the entrance of the rollercoaster and I got Macky to ride it with me despite his fear of heights, falling and dying. However, everything is possible with Chez and he got to experience his first rollercoaster ride and came out alive!

Next stop: theme park rollercoasters ❤

And the search for Charmander continues...


WE FOUND IT!

All we have to do is hit the wall and shoot the ball inside the box kind of thing and it is £10 for 5 tries and you only need to shoot 1 ball to get a pokemon. I was confident he will be able to shoot all 5 and bring back 5 pokemons back home because he plays competitive basketball LOL.

He missed the first 4 and I gave up there and then but some miracle happened and he got the last ball in - everything is possible with Chez. Though it was so close to getting out the box but Pikachu's bottoms hit it back inside the box.


In the end, I got that Charmander. Best boyfriend ever❣


We went around some more and took more pictures for the gram! We ended the night eating at Wagamama in Marylebone because it was the only restaurant open around 10pm. We went back to our hotel afterwards ready for the next day because we will finally get the taste of the oriental food hall I have heard about from a lot of people.


And so, we went to try out this food hall at Edgware called 'Bang Bang Oriental Food Hall' where a lot of our friends have been recommending. We ordered from the following kitchens:
  • Manila Kitchen: my friend ordered the Pinoy breakfast (£8). Typical filipino dish like lechon kawali, eggs, tocino and veggies.
  • Janchi Korean Kitchen: we ordered the seasoned fried chicken (£9) and it was one of the best chicken I have ever tried. You get 4 pieces but it does not come with rice or any sides
  • Ichiban: I got my all-time favourite Japanese street food, takoyaki (£5.50) and you get 5 pieces.
  • Royal China One 68 Dim Sum: Macky got the prawn dumplings (£4.15) and I don't know where he got the egg tart from. ☺
  • Little Thai Silk: I've always craved the Thai green curry which is coconut-based and the kitchen have it so I was very happy and bought it. It's called Thai green chicken with rice (£8.95) and it did not disappoint.



After the food session, we went to Soho and Chinatown to look around as well as getting them Dunkin Donuts but they were not serving the choco butternut that we wanted. ☹

So we spent the remaining time in Winter Wonderland to take more pictures and because 4 hours from the day before was not enough to visit and see everything.

We ended our trip by going up the viewing deck of 75 metres high to see the whole of this winter festival and the view was amazing! We chilled at the fireplace for a bit to warm ourselves up before heading to Euston station back home. Best winter experience ever!


Thank you Macky for finally letting me step foot in Winter Wonderland. More adventures to us!


As for accommodation, we stayed at Leisure Inn in Paddington. It is a very lovely hotel, 5-minute drive to Winter Wonderland entrance (10 minutes with traffic) and the price you pay comes with breakfast. Special mention that their toilet tiles don't get cold overnight so it was a pleasure to take a shower very early in the morning.

❝Most photos taken by: Andre Gamboa (our third wheel and photographer)❞

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© CHEZCAPADES. Design by FCD.